Tiger Woods pulled out of his next two tournaments because of ongoing back problems, a somber outlook for a 14-time major champion whose comeback barely lasted three tournaments before another setback.
Woods said Friday on his website that he was still coping with back spasms that he attributed to his withdrawal from the Dubai Desert Classic last week.
“My doctors have advised me not to play the next two weeks to continue my treatment and to let my back calm down,” Woods said. “This is not what I was hoping for or expecting.”
Woods was out of golf for 15 months while recovering from three back surgeries — the first one a week before the 2014 Masters, the most recent in October 2015 — and returned with high hopes at an unofficial event in the Bahamas the first week in December. Woods made 24 birdies to offset a litany of mistakes and finished 15th in an 18-man field.
You might also like
More from News
Zimbabwean pastor and protest organizer is released on bail
A Zimbabwean pastor arrested for organizing anti-government protests said Thursday he was looking forward to getting cleaned up after being released …
South African lawmakers brawl, denouncing President Zuma as a “scoundrel” and “rotten to the core”
South Africa’s parliament descended into chaos on Thursday, with opposition lawmakers denouncing President Jacob Zuma as a “scoundrel” and “rotten …
Federal appeals court rules against Trump’s travel ban, Trump tweets ‘SEE YOU IN COURT,’ Hillary Clinton tweets ‘3-0’
A federal appeals court refused Thursday to reinstate President Donald Trump’s ban on travelers from seven predominantly Muslim nations, dealing …
Leave a Reply